How to Compile OpenBR for x86 Architecture with MSVC2013
For those of you wants to use OpenBR for x64 platforms, OpenBR has a binary version here, or If you want to build it from source the instructions are here. Now, building for x86 is pretty much the same, you just need to provide the x86 libraries.
- First, make sure that you have the Microsoft compilers installed.
- Then, download and install CMake here.
- Now, download OpenCV and follow the instructions to install it here. Make sure you complete all 5 steps.
- Download the Qt libraries here.
- Now, download the OpenBR source from GitHub. If you download as zip file, openbr/jangus folder will be empty. So make sure to download jangus from here and place its contents in the openbr/jangus folder.
- Then create a build in the OpenBR folder
- In the build folder, right click on the Explorer window while holding to shift button to open the command prompt in that directory.
- Once the command prompt is open, configure it with cmake
cmake.exe -G "Visual Studio 12 2013" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="D:/OpenCV/build;C:/Qt/Qt5.3.1/5.3/msvc2013" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="./install" -DBR_INSTALL_DEPENDENCIES=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
After the configuration is done it will create the solution files for VS. If you don’t want to use VS, cmake has other build targets you can use them.